Dating from the Golden Era of oversized CHANEL ear studs, the 1980s celebrated the jumbo, massive and hyper-elegant Gripoix glass pearls to frame the face and finish a statement look. Made in dozens of variations throughout the years, the 1980s versions are the true classics and a must-have in every jewelry wardrobe. One needs only to try a pair on to be instantly seduced by the luminous glow and immediate elegance they bestow. This exquisite pair, meticulously handcrafted in gold plate bronze and embossed with the Maison's calling card are a unique ode to Coco's Parisian apartment and store. Opened in 1910 as Chanel's first boutique, 31, rue Cambon in the 1ere arrondissement is the legendary Parisian address that is engraved along the circumference of these showpiece earrings. To make the calling card complete, the boutique's telephone number, 126.96.36.199 continues the important information. In 1985, France added the prefix "4" to all Parisian 7 digit telephone numbers. Big, bold, glossy and golden this sublime, iconic earring is destined to be your Go-To for all occasions!
- Front Engraving: "CHANEL 31 Rue Cambon Tél. 188.8.131.52"
- Gripoix glass pearls
- Gilt Bronze
- Dimensions: Diameter 1.5 inches (3.81 cm)
- Collection: Circa mid-1980s
- Signature: Engraved on the back “CHANEL”
- Clip On
- 100% Authentic CHANEL
- Made in France
- Excellent Vintage Condition commensurate with age. Very minimal surface marks to the pearls - Not easily visible and certainly not visible while wearing. A very slight marking to the metal on one ear clip on the bottom of the "H" (see photos). All around outstanding condition.
All sales are final. Each item displays a detailed description, including size, measurements, condition and period. We have high quality standards and our items are in Excellent to Pristine Vintage condition with Authenticity always guaranteed.