Six mottled turquoise Gripoix glass of epic proportions take center stage in this CHANEL statement necklace from the early 1990s. This tremendous jewel with its alluring variations of filigree-capped Gripoix pearls and vibrant glass, crystal accents, a gleaming 24K plated chain and "stations" of interest with the varying jewels. A similar early version of this sautoir with its creative use of "raw" speckled turquoise glass in innovative forms is in the collection of the Metropolitan Museum of New York. Goossens was enchanted with the use of simulated turquoise in molten glass and took every opportunity to utilize a myriad spectrum of this rich, mineral hue within his collectable jewels throughout his career. Such a special piece that marries the spirit of CHANEL with the artisinal creativity of Goossens.
- Robert Goossens for CHANEL
- Gripoix Glass Pearls, Gripoix Turquoise Glass, Crystals, Gold Tone Metal
- Dimensions: Length 73 inches (185.42 cm) Charm Diameter: inch ( cm)
- Signature: Brand Cartouche folded and affixed onto a spring ring “CHANEL CC MADE IN FRANCE”
- Spring Ring Closure Can be worn single, doubled or triple layered
- 100% Authentic CHANEL
- Made in France
- Excellent Vintage Condition
All sales are final. Each item displays a detailed description, including size, measurements, condition and period. We have high quality standards and our items are in Excellent to Pristine Vintage condition with Authenticity always guaranteed.