The opulent Autumn/Winter 1990-1991 CHANEL runway show had many monumental accessory moments, but the standout one was this flamboyant massive jewel in all of its Byzantine Gripoix splendor. Lagerfeld chose his home, Villa La Vigie, in Monaco to shoot the exquisite campaign that focalized on the bijoux. Serendipitously, his coastal Mediterranean views were not only of Monaco but also Roquebrune-Cap-Martin Bay where Gabrielle had her own villa, La Pausa. It was there, where memorable photos of Yasmeen Ghauri were taken with this seminal objet de vertu of CHANEL's archives. This exotic brooch evokes the feeling of opening an Ottoman treasure chest of riches. A gigantic ruby red dimpled Gripoix cabochon is the centerpiece framed by a grouping of a dozen baroque seed pearls, jeweled-tone Gripoix cabochons in varying shapes and sizes and a stunning Gripoix Baroque pearl drop all in the backdrop of warm, hammered gilt metal. This Museum gem can be worn as an exquisite brooch, pendant or necklace.
- Gilt Metal , Gripoix Poured Glass Cabochons and Glass Baroque Pearl Dangle
- Collection: Autumn Winter 1990-1991
- Signature: Engraved plaque on back “CHANEL CC MADE IN FRANCE”
- Dimensions: Height: 5 inches (12.7 cm) Width: 3.5 inches (8.5 cm)
- Pearl Drop Length including bale: inches ( cm)
- Brooch Pin; Pendant Bale; Cord
- 100% Authentic CHANEL
- Made in France
- Excellent Vintage condition
All sales are final. Each item displays a detailed description, including size, measurements, condition and period. We have high quality standards and our items are in Excellent to Pristine Vintage condition with Authenticity always guaranteed.