Edouard Rambaud's bold jewelry art is in a league of its own. Immediately recognizable opulent embellished hearts, stars, suns and crosses are presented with a Baroque 1980's touch. His sculptural, tactile treatment of gold lends a lush and rich effect on already highly stylized jewels giving them an air of precious treasures from a bygone era. Rambaud's extraordinary prized charm belts are the most coveted and rare of his accessories. Rambaud's jewelry career, started in 1984, was succinct and defined the Parisian accessory looks of the 1980s, before transitioning to his career as a furniture designer. This phenomenal belt has massive cabochons in a royal colour combination of alternating purple and gold. An ornate river of chiseled chain links are adorned with luscious marigold and violet cabochon faux gems each with Rambaud's engraved logo cartouche on the reverse. The star element of this work of art is the massive 4 inch dangling Maltese cross charm. A beautiful jeweled sun is the finial of this supremely elegant layered chatelaine belt.
- Gilt Metal, Purple and Yellow Resin Cabochons
- Substantial, Heavy weight link chain design
- Measurements: 37 inches (94 cm); cross dangle drop 4 inches (10 cm); Circular element diameter 1.6 inches (4.06 cm)
- Signature: Multiple engraved plaques “EDOUARD RAMBAUD PARIS” on the reverse of all cabochon links and cross; "ER" embossed on the back the sun charm
- Adjustable toggle closure
- Can be worn as a belt or as a Necklace
- 100% Authentic Edouard Rambaud
- Made in France
- Excellent Vintage condition - PRISTINE
This exceptionally rare piece is offered here in two colourways. Please see the other listing for the Crimson/Orange version.
All sales are final. Please request any additional photos or information if necessary prior to purchase. Each item displays a detailed description, including size, measurements, condition and period. We have high quality standards and our items are in Excellent to Pristine Vintage condition with Authenticity always guaranteed.